Sunday, February 24, 2008

Presidents Day Travel








Well, we promised Jackie that we would visit her this week, so we got up @ 4:00 am, showered, shaved, and wokeup Nikki, Rachel, and Hailee loaded up the car and headed for Logan. It was a nice day for travel, dark but with the promise of sun in the east and no wind. We picked up Jackie and went to IHOP to eat breakfast. It was OK, but I have had better for less. During the afternoon we went to The Gutter to bowl. Boy was that fun. Nikki had the high score with a 91, so you now know that we don't bowl too often. I just about beat her; I need only 2-3 more pins. When we bowl we use Disney characters for names. I am Kronk, Nikki, is Mogli, Rachel is Timone, Hailee is Pumba, Jackie was Pain and Panic this time, and Lorie was Ursala. I do not think I have had two gutterballs in one frame since I was ten. But it was really fun. We laughed and just had a great time.








We then drove home and stopped in Provo to see Meagan, Derek, and the little sunspot Brooklyn. We (Nikki, Rachel, Haillee and myself) wound Brooklyn up. She must have been going 50 miles/hr. She zoomed into her bedroom got her toys ran out and then ran behind her chair. Then there was dancing: Bright music was on in her room and in the living room, two different CDs. She went from running in circles to jumping and then after mom and dad left we got the tent out. She ran from her bedroom with her piggy slippers to the tent and would laugh and then run back to her bedroom. Meagan had Shawna and James come and sit with Brooklyn, so we hid from them and let them find us when they arrived be with brooklyn. Grandma Lorie couldn't stand not seeing her in the dress her mother made, so we also put her in her new dress. Boy was she cute.








Yesterday, we painted primer in the dining room-kitchen, so we could start getting ready to lay the floor. We must be ready for cabinents in a couple of months. That was a really great experience. I hate to paint; it doesn't hold my attention. I kept up with Lorie for the whole day and had a very enjoyable time. She is wonderful to work with. We talk, complain about each other (in a fun way), remember times past, talk about the gospel, and just have a great time. I do enjoy very much working with her.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

I am really glad you do this weekly Dad. I like to see pics and hear about what you are doing. It sounds like we only saw the tip of the iceburg with Brooklyn that night. I am glad that you guys have so much fun with her, and that she has fun with you. It is wonderful. Anyway, good blog and congrats on the kitchen.

Boom said...

Thank you so much for inviting me to your blog. I love reading it from the Dad! It's awesome! Keep up the good work! I still don't know how to do pictures on a blog, but when I learn I will invite you to my blog/journal. Love, Charlene

amy said...

or, you could just click on her 'boom' there and it'll take you to a link that gets you to her blog! i hope i'm not in trouble now!