Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ticaboo



I am working south of Hanksville doing a spring and seep survey for a Uranium mining company. They are gearing up to mine again and need to comply with permitting regulations. The landscape is beautiful. It is dry and in some places very barren. To me a geologist, it is very awesome to see the Creators hand in the formation of mountains, plateaus, plains, and the other multiple land forms seen and encountered. I think of all of the many possibilities that exist and the God has given us to use and discover in this world and I think it is a wrong to hide it awaynot to be used as many individuals would have us believe. I don't believe there is any such thing as raping the land or destroying the land. The earth will out live us all and change faces many times as it has done so in the past (so much for my soap box).
It is fun traveling the outlaw trails going from spring to spring I wonder if Butch Cassidy ate lunch along the same path. He was an outlaw and I don’t like to glorify, but for some reason it is fun to think about this country that he roamed and the wildness of the land almost invites the mind to travel the same paths. Here are some pictures that so the land and what I am looking for. These pictures are of the south side of Mount Hiller.

No comments: